Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Warm fridge section, defrost sensor defective, but Cyber World Electronics replaced gasket

I had a job recently to check a Samsung refrigerator repair. The model is RF263TEAESG/AA.

Upon arrival, I check the fridge section temperature was 54 degree, and freezer -2 degree. The normal temperature for fridge is about 40 degree, and freezer is about 0 degree. So this unit has warm fridge section problem.

I checked the error code 1st, and found 5E (FF-DEF-Sensor Error), 22E code (FF-Fan-Error).

After removing shelves, I saw frost buildup on the fridge evaporator cover. See Picture.

Then spent an hour to remove this cover. I saw huge ice buildup at lower evaporator area. This tell me that the defrost heater was not turn on.


Measure the defrost heater is 142.8 ohm. It seems ok. But when I turn on the unit to forced defrost mode, the heater never turn on. So I check the defrost sensor to be 0.382k, 0.178V. Compared with the temperature chart. It was out of range.  Basically, the defrost sensor told the main control board that I'm over 100 degree now. So the control board never turn on defrost heater. When the frost accumulated, it block the fan, cause 22E error, and warm fridge section.

Several weeks ago this unit was serviced by CyberWorld Electronics LLC, and the tech replaced the refrigerator door gasket. This is a complete wrong diagnosis, and unnecessary replacement. The correct part should be defrost sensor. See the paper work:





No comments:

Post a Comment